A Good Way to Wake Up!
Our "give back" teambuilding programs wake people up. We like to say "Knock 'em Alive!" to our delivery team before we start our philanthropic sessions. Knock 'em Alive in the sense that we all can get a little lackadaisical with our thoughts, words, actions, patterns and perspectives.
During a recent charitable build-a-bike Life Cycles program in Canada the participants indeed woke up.
They woke up to...
- Seeing some new (positive, helpful, encouraging) things in each other.
- Seeing how their actions (while their intent is good) may be causing mischief for others.
- Seeing new possibilities for the challenges that are ahead.
- Seeing and feeling more alive, ambitious, and connected to each other and their work.
- Seeing that learning and change can be fun at times too.
It is healthy for people and teams to wake up, dust off the cobwebs, mix it up, look at things from a different perspective etc. To be a world-class team it is imperative to do so.
...And they thought they were just doing a 'give back' team-building event ;)