Virtual Team Mosaic™ For Youth & Schools
Virtual Team Mosaic For Youth Is What Classrooms Around The Country Need To Inspire Their Students To Learn, Connect & Engage With The Virtual Classroom
A Virtual Masterpiece To Welcome, Connect & Inspire Students
Join the Virtual Team Mosaic Intro Session on Sept. 2nd from 1-2 p.m. PDT. It is free for educators, parents & event planners but registration is required. Register now!
This fall, students across the country will have to transition to virtual or semi-virtual learning. In some situations, students will never meet face-to-face or have an in-person meet-and-greet with their teacher.
To help K-12 students transition to online learning, Odyssey Teams is offering a youth version of Virtual Team Mosaic, a virtual learning program used by Fortune 500 companies to increase connections and engagement. If you are a teacher, or administrator or a concerned parent you likely have questions such as:
- Can my students build a sense of community in a virtual class?
- What can I do to welcome students and have them engage in this new medium?
- Can we replace the chemistry of physical engagement?
We know these questions because we have been asking them ourselves in relation to our experience delivering corporate trainings in classrooms for the past 30 years.
One of our most popular team building programs for global companies has been the Team Mosaic which we re-tooled as a virtual experience and it’s a WINNER. Since we are parents and close to so many teachers and administrators, we realized the Team Mosaic is PERFECT for schools and their students.
Virtual and Powerful: Team Mosaic For Youth
In 2019 before the global pandemic hit, the Camp Fire destroyed the town of Paradise, CA. Odyssey Teams brought the Assembly (LIVE) version of Team Mosaic to Paradise High School to help the students unify after all the destruction they experienced. It was a powerful and transformative experience for everyone involved.
The seven simple steps of Virtual Team Mosaic For Youth:
- Start with a powerful image from our Team Mosaic library and then upload your school logo or mascot as a .png.
- Our team will then carve up the Team Mosaic image (with our software) into a bunch of squares or ‘tiles’.
- We’ll send you a link that you can forward to your students so they can choose a tile (like choosing a seat on a flight).
- Students re-create their specific tiles/images using any art supplies they have on a piece of paper.
- Students will take a picture with a smart phone and upload it to our site.
- Time for the reveal! The result is a video pixelation of each student’s art and a still image of the finished mosaic for you to hang up at your school.
- Finally, it’s time to debrief the Team Mosaic experience. The metaphors are everywhere. The experience and conversations can be guided towards school culture/pride, diversity and inclusion, art, science and more.
For years to come, students, teachers, parents and the administration will benefit from Virtual Team Mosaic For Youth.
Feature, Fundraise & Amplify Your School’s Team Mosaic
Once the students have created a gorgeous Team Mosaic for the classroom or school, it’s just the beginning. Here are some additional ways to further amplify your Team Mosaic:
- Print your finished Team Mosaic and hang proudly in your class, gym, office or outdoor signage area.
- Frame and auction your Team Mosaic at your annual fundraiser
- Sell the ‘tiles’ as a fundraiser to subsidize the project (e.g. get sponsors for each tile)
- Invite parents or other family members to participate. Parents and siblings will likely play a much more significant role in your students education. Including them helps them feel like they are part of the mosaic and education of their children.
If you have additional ideas on how to make Virtual Team Mosaic For Youth work for your school, we’d love to hear them!
FAQ: Virtual Team Mosaic For Youth
Our corporate work and clients have helped subsidize the cost and we are THRILLED to offer it to your student(s) at a discounted rate.
- What is the pricing? Our corporate work and clients have helped subsidize the cost and we are THRILLED to offer it to your student(s) at a discounted rate.$150 for a 50 tile mosaic or $3/ tile for 51+ tile mosaic.
- What is the scalability? 50 tiles is the minimum size and there’s no maximum size! So a classroom or an entire school could experience Team Mosaic.
- What age levels is it appropriate for? Virtual Team Mosaic For Youth is appropriate for kindergarteners through 12th graders. It’s even done as a corporate team development experience!
More On: Virtual Team Mosaic™ For Youth
For Graduates: Virtual Team Mosaic For Youth
Lain Hensley, Head Dream Chaser here at Odyssey Teams, has two children who were supposed to graduate in 2020 but because of COVID-19, they couldn’t have their graduation ceremony. That’s where Team Mosaic For Youth and the Photo Mosaic Project comes in.
Team Mosaic For Students At Paradise High
In 2019 before the global pandemic hit, the Camp Fire destroyed the town of Paradise, CA. Odyssey Teams brought the Assembly (LIVE) version of Team Mosaic to Paradise High to help them unify after all the destruction.
Oracle Uses Virtual Team Mosaic To Connect New Hires
To connect new hires at Oracle to each other and to the mission and values of the company, they rely on Odyssey Teams to facilitate the corporate version of Virtual Team Mosaic.