Odyssey Teams is the most preferred team building company in the United States. The goal of The Odyssey Teams Scholarship is to provide greater access and opportunity to outstanding higher education students who are pursuing social science-related disciplines.
The $2,500.00 Odyssey Teams Scholarship for social sciences supports its scholars in a variety of ways, including but not limited to personal, leadership and professional development opportunities, networking, and mentorship opportunities, as well as financial and academic support to prepare its scholars to be the next leaders in their professions and communities.
“Odyssey Teams tag line is ‘The Business of Giving’. In all our team and leadership development workshops we advocate the importance of giving. It starts with giving your best to whatever you do. It also connects to the community by giving back whenever and wherever you can. In this spirit, we are looking to provide the Odyssey Teams’ scholarship to someone who has demonstrated both of these in their life. Neither requires a specific degree or a specific study focus. We will choose a recipient who demonstrates creativity in something they have done through giving their best and how that benefited their community. The definition of an ‘Odyssey’ is ‘a journey filled with notable experiences’. Share one of yours and you might win.”
– Bill John
The Scholarship Application Process
Odyssey Teams annual scholarship is provided through its various scholarship programs, including scholarships geared specifically for high school students looking to pursue a college degree within the field of social sciences.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, be pursuing or planning to pursue their first undergraduate or graduate degree in the social sciences, and plan to enroll as a part-time or full-time student at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution in the upcoming academic year.
If you have any questions concerning the scholarship or application process, please contact us here.
1) Plan to enroll Part-time or Full-Time in an accredited not-for-profit OR for-profit 2- or 4- year college or university during SPRING or FALL of scholarship cycle year
2) Spring Deadline is April 1, 2017
3) Be a Freshman, Sophmore or Junior in High School.
4) U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA)
6) The applicant who is awarded the scholarship will be asked to share their progress on a semi-annual basis
7) An essay. “What are your educational goals? How do you see a communications degree impacting your future? How do you see a communications degree impacting your community or the world in general?” Please keep this essay to a maximum of two pages, double-spaced. There is no minimum length, so long as you fully answer the question.
8) The scholarship will be awarded based on the essay.