1. Build-a-Hand Kits are shipped to participants in advance of your event. Each participant receives the materials to build a hand, design/decorate carrying case, and write a note to the recipient.
2. Gather everyone on your favorite virtual platform and begin: Set context – The Why – show Pre-Build video to give people an understanding of the life-changing gift they are about to build. Build in breakout groups – share best practices, help each other through the various steps. Many clients have welcomed kids/family/friends join the build. The building of the hand, designing the carrying case and writing note to the recipients takes about 90 minutes.
3. Debrief the Build-a-Hand Experience: Show the Post-Build Video and then have participants write what they are feeling in the chat box and/or send them to breakouts to discuss this experience as a metaphor for their work. How did/does the experience connect to the concepts, themes, values of your team/organization/community? The questions and connections are endless. The experience combined with powerful facilitation can transform an organization.
4. Return the finished hands back to Odyssey Teams for QA and distribution around the world.
5. Follow Odyssey Teams/Ellen Meadows Prosthetic Hand Foundation to see and share the impact as we post pictures and stories of recipients around the world. Share these with your team and provide follow up.